What is MyoFascial Release?
Myofascial release is a manual therapy technique often used in massage as well as with foam rollers. The technique focuses on pain believed to arise from myofascial tissues — the tough membranes that wrap, connect and support your muscles. Theoretically, myofascial pain differs from other types of pain because it originates in “trigger points,” which are related to stiff, anchored areas within the myofascia.
How does Myofascial release help:
• Corrects muscle imbalances
• Improves joint range of motion
• Relieves muscle soreness and joint stress
• Decreases neuromuscular hypertonicity (tension)
• Increases extensibility of musculotendinous junction
• Improves neuromuscular efficiency
• Maintains normal functional muscular length
Hold each position 1-2 minutes for each side (when applicable). If pain is reported, stop rolling and REST on the painful areas for 30-45 seconds.
Perform 5-10 minutes before and after your run:
• IT Band
• Mid Back -Rhomboids
Need a Foam Roller?
CLICK HERE to Purchase One of our Premium Quality Balanced Body Magic Rollers
Article Source: FreeMotion Fit